Body Control Module problems

99 Firebird V6, 3.8L - I've been having some problems for awhile with my power to my radio cutting off and the power windows not working at the same time. From doing some reading I understand this could be related to the BCM. Where is it located and what are some of the ways I can troubleshoot this? I've determined its not the radio itself since it was doing it with the OEM radio and I've since installed an aftermaket one from my son's Firebird.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I Think it might be the RAP Retained Accessory Power Module onder the dash.

Mine operates slightly weird in that the dvd player plays, but no sound comes out sometimes if the door is open as if the module hasn't charged up.

HTH

Reply to
Terminal Crazy

erve.co.uk

Thanks, after doing some extensive reading this evening I'm pretty sure it's the BCM. I've read a couple of threads that say its possible that a couple of the solder joints for the realy on the circuit board need to be re-soldered. Has anyone tried doing this?

Chris

Reply to
Chris