Sapphire XIV radio...

Hey RAMVA,

Been awhile since I've checked in here -

I'm doing a radio restoration/installation of my original (rare?) Sapphire XIV. It's the one WITHOUT the Town/Country switch and the separate 12v. bulb lead (to be wired to 58b on the headlight switch to take advantage of dashlight dimmer feature - yes, no?).

And it's been impossible to find the correct faceplate bezel WITHOUT the cutout for the T/C switch (of course the original was hacked to accept a later radio/cassette player and is no longer usable - ahh, youth...).

More importantly, I'm looking for an installation 'procedure' for cutting a padded dash. Google search turns up this but I'm at a loss to make sense of it:

Anybody have experience with this? Sir Speedy? Thanks!

Reply to
Lenny D.