Broken driver's seat, 89 Firebird

The driver's seat in my 89 keeps falling back; something wrong with the latch mechanism (lever on the left side). Maybe something stuck in it. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it, preferably one that doesn't involve removing the whole seat?

TNX Chris J

Reply to
Chris Johnson

IIRC, only 4 bolts hold it in. Nibble on the bullet & remove it where you can get to it to fix it. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

You're right, it only took an hour to remove in and reinstall it, even including the fooling around I did with the mechanism. It works now. I'm not sure what I did, except that maybe rattling it around upside-down shook out whatrever was sticking in it.

On the upside, I found 6 cents and a buck knife I hadn't seen for a long time.

Thanks -

Reply to
Chris Johnson