Cars.. Cars.. EVERYWHERE!!! WHY?!?!?!

Ok, in '02 when the F-bodies were killed.. there wasn't a car on a lot anywhere around me that I could see... but now 3 years later... there is a lot 1 mile from my house that has a mixture of 16 Firebirds, Camaros,and T/As with all kinds of different options!!!! Whats going on?

-Geno

1985 BLue Camaro 2.9L auto w/T-tops 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops!
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Looks like 16 people decided they had enough of their back breaking, 2 seater, Camaro / Firebird and sold them off for a more plush riding car like a Park Avenue - or they saw the 05 Mustang and had to have it.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,219 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

No one here gives a FUCK about H/G Front Drives. So take your plushie bullshit elsewhere. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Nothing out of the ordinary. The dealership probably thinks that they can be sold at a handsome profit. The used car dealership I buy my cars for my wife from had no less than 25 late model Mustangs (mostly GTs) for sale last month. I guess it's all about what you can sell and when is it time to sell them.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

As someone who does work For (yet not a empolyee) a used car dealer, I have a bit of insight in to this. In some states Repo's must go to a dealer or public auction (dealers do go to public auctions as well). Late model trade in's some times also go to these auctions. Used Car Dealers who can afford to buy 6 month old to two year old used cars usually can resell them in short order. Especially Lease Turn-in cars. Ford Creadit will auction off lease turn in's, I beleave GMAC does as well.

I go to Dealer Auctions ever so often, when a 2 year old or less car comes thru, it's like the last rock of crack on the planet and 100 Crack heads bidding for it.

One Dealer that used to be in this area made his living off of selling

2 year old and younger used cars, trucks, vans, suv's and sports cars (Jim May Auto Sales of Troy Ohio). 3 New car dealerships partnered to buy him out as long as he would move 100 miles away. He got 3 times the actuall value of the business, due to that is what he cost them in losses per year.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Actually my daily driver is a LeSabre.

GLK9MM

Good for you. Enjoy the gas milage. This is a F car group, not a plushie fucky group. When little Plushie Fucky owners want to bitch about F-bodies harsh ride, I like to bitch slap them.

Charles Want me to call you a Wa-bulance?

Reply to
Charles Bendig

That's fine, I'm simply clarifying that you don't speak for me Charles.

I've never complained about the ride or performance of my F-Body. I love it and it takes a great deal of will power not to drive it but a few times a year.

Harry may/may not be a troll and his comments may have simply been tongue in cheek. I don't really care. I've learned to ignore. But know that you need to reign it in when using absolutes like "no one." Because you don't speak for everyone and because to some degree I see his point even though I don't agree with it.

GLK9MM

People complaining about Ride firmness of perfromance cars compaired to luxury cars has always been a sore spot with me. Sure A Caddilac and a Pontiac maybe made by the same company. Sure they may share a part or two, but they are two totally different drving experiances. Most Caddilacs are made to isolate the driver from the road, and to be driven at reasonible speeds. F-cars were made with racing packages for suspension, and driver comfert not the key concern.

When you compair them it's apples & oranges. Yet it's something I hear about rather often. Just like with my S-10's. People get in a 4WD truck and complian that it rides very ruff, and every minor bump is "killing" them. When I drive a Wrecker people always compaline that a 1 ton or medium duty truck rides too harsh. Nothing I can do about it, it's the nature of the beast.

If you want a Caddilac, fine. I own a Buick my self, bought it to drive my mother places in. She has a hard time getting in and out of my Trans-Am. Not to mention the wheelchair & her walker is a pain to put in there too. Both of those fit rather nicely in the buick's trunk. I have also had Park Ave's and other H/G platformed cars. Yet I don't care for the over mushed ride and driver feedback of them. Sure their great when

4 adults over 5'5 want to go someplace, but when Im driving my T/A, a passenger that complaines, is one that can walk.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Charles, Charles, Charles,

If you read my post you'd know I didn't complain about the harsh ride or handling of the Camaro / Firebird. All I said was those cars have a " back breaking seat ".

And that might of been a reason why somebody traded it in, thus the reason the original poster saw 16 Camaro / Firebirds on a lot.

I for one would love to have a Camaro / Firebird convertible, but the previous 5-6 model years the seating / shape / driving position is to uncomfortable for me to drive / own one.

I know others who also have complained about the same thing as I have. Put bucket seats like a ( 2000 - 05 ) Monte Carlo in a Camaro / Firebird & I'd buy it in an instant.

My dads 97 Lincoln Navigator seats sucked as well, a $47,000 vehicle and it felt like sitting on a wooden bench in a catholic church.

And I am not a troll, if you've ever been in the Pontiac / GM newgroup you'd see I've been around for over 8 years.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,219 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

The bucket seats are all thats stopping you? Well there's a cure for that. Lowers the value, but a cure. Find a GM Vehichal that has buckets you like. 3rd gen seats will bolt in with a little work. Some you can change the tracks on and they will work.

Others you have to do like were doing with a 93 Caprice Classic. My business partner cut bucket seat brackets out of a 92 Grand Am, and welded the needed ones in to make the car so N body buckets are now just a bolt in item. Lowers the value a bit, but a whole heck of a lot less then buying a Impala SS interior. Even lower cost then getting Caprice police model bouckes and re-foaming and recovering them. Now just to get him to remove that big honkin Taxi front interior lamp. Friggin Yellow Cab Package.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Well.. I finally got aroundd to stopping at the dealership.. and looked at the cars.. all the camaros were going for 9 or 10 k.. and the firebirds (formulas and t/as) were going for 15 and 16k except for the fully decked out ws6 ram air silver t-top.. that was going for 26k. but there were a few beautiful 'Birds sitting there... too bad I'm tapped out with school and my other 3 ponys.. lol. Oh well. I like the older bodies better anyway.