GTOs suck!! <OT>

Yesterday I had to opportunity to get in an '05 red GTO because a customer decided the 32,000 dollar price tag was too much and had to drive it back to the other lot. The power is nice, but there are so many damn blind spots and trying to see out the rear window is almost impossible!

I guess they designed it expecting the driver to be so far ahead of everyone else that seeing behind him was unnecessary.

Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Geno I know Goodmark has 1/4 panels, for floor plans I ll check a few things for you and get back to you on here.

Bruce

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

"KITTvsKARR" > On another note... I still have not found a decent company that sells body

Try some of these too Geno, might not be what you need but could lead to other sites as well. Check the forums for parts too. Bruce

BarracudaDesigns

Geno, Classic Industries sells just about everything you might need to rebuild your Bird. Remember that the Firebird also shares the same underpinnings with the Camaro. Go online and buy the Firebird catalog from them, I promise that you won't be disappointed with it.

What parts are you looking for?

Floor pans Left full length Part# C12179 $209.95 Right full length Part# C12180 $209.95

They are costly but then again they are exact originals even if they come from China. Trying to find a set of OEM panels is insane. They are cost prohibitive like everything else that has to do with muscle and pony cars.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

looks like you're right.. I guess I somehow either forgot about them or never knew about them.. either way I think I am going to get the complete set of floor pans (left and right) plus prob a set of rear quarters.. and looks like a multitude of other parts... just wonder how they are on shipping....

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Formula
1985 Firebird
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

When you do order your parts I recommend ordering as much as possible in one trip as the shipping cost for one pallet is the same whether it has one floor pan on it or 2 floor pans and a pair of quarter panels, as long as they fit on one pallet.

I have been buying my sheetmetal from the suppliers at swap meets, in fact Englishtown is coming up as well as Carlisle. Both swap meets are huge and most parts can be found in a one stop shopping spree.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to
RSCamaro

Where and when are those?

-Geno

1985 Camaro 1988 Formula
1985 Firebird
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

The Englishtown show is at the drag race track in Englishtown New Jersey, I believe the track is called "Raceway Park".

The Carlisle show is in Carlisle. Pennsylvania. The spring show is all cars and parts, mostly classic through the 80's. Its the biggest fee market/swap show on the east coast if not in the nation. They say if you don't find it at the Carlisle spring or fall show, you can't get it.

They also have an all GM show later in the summer, if you want to travel, come to the all GM meet. No need to walk through acers of Mustand, Hudson, Packard and Model T parts. If you go, bring a two wheel shopping cart and be ready to walk your buns off.

One other place to look for sheet metal are the salvage yards out in the west lile New Mexico and Araizona. For floors and quarters, you may have to buy the whole car. When it comes to cutting major body parts, there is not much left to sell.

Good luck!

Reply to
brxsep

Sorry about not getting back right away.

Englishtown N.J. swap meet in Old Bridge Township is from April 28th to the 30th. They usually have a very nice car show as well as the swap meet. National vendors galore at this meet.

Carlisle Pa. is from April 19th thru the 23rd. As the other poster has said it is one of the largest meets that you will ever have been to. I go down regularly for the spring, fall, and Corvettes at Carlisle shows. The only one on the East coast to rival it might be the Hershey Pa. show which is mostly for older stuff like Model A Fords and Packard's to name a couple of the oldie cars that it is geared towards.

If you do decide to try one or the other than I recommend that you bring a cart, hand truck, Radio Flyer, or what ever you can find to carry stuff, and bring plenty of fluids with you, you'll be happy you did.

...Ron