HELP: 02 Sensor question

Hope someone can help out here. I have a 96' V6 Automatic which I had all the 02 sensors changed when the vehicle had 60K miles on it. Yesterday, the Service Light came on (Present mileage 78K) and it revealed that 02 Sensor 1 Bank 1 was not having enough voltage or someting like that. Well I was thinking this might be just an incidental mistake since I just replaced the sensors about 10K plus miles ago so I used my scanning tool and erased the Error Code. What I want to know from the group of experienced people in this NG is do you think this is just a mistaken report by the computer or can a new sensor go bad this quick. Is this something that I should or should not worry about? These sensors are not cheap so if it did go bad I guess I just have to get another one. Anyway, thanks for any response.

Winston

Reply to
Winston

They can be bad of of the box, if that helps.

But, it could be a sign of other problems....

Reply to
CBHvac

OBDII is going to be very sensitive to problems with the O2's.

With OBD I, cars might go 100,000+ miles without a O2 code even though the sensor was worn out beyond use.

You didn't mention where the replacement O2's came from or what the exact code was so........

O2 codes can be from bad or contaminated fuel, plugged fuel filters, vacuum leaks, bad catalyst and other things. Don't condemn the sensor until your sure.

Reply to
Big Dav160