How hard is it to change the oil pan gasket on a 403?

I'm debating whether to do it myself or take it to a garage. I read in the Haynes manual about it & it doesn't seem too hard, but I don't particularly like crawling under cars, & I can imagine the gymnastics needed to clean the surfaces.

Reply to
Chris

Sounds like you've answered your own question already.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

On an engine stand is easy. In the car will be a nightmare.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think I'll take it to the shop & let them struggle with it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

"Chris154" wrote: > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:33:26 +0000 (UTC), > snipped-for-privacy@ReMoVeThiSyahoo.com > (Dennis Smith) wrote: > > >In article < snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com>, > > snipped-for-privacy@tsh.ca says... >  >>

To clean the surfaces well you need to remove the pan completely. This normally requires disconnecting one or both of the motor mounts and gently lifting the engine so the pan can slide out between the mains and the engine cradle. If you?re not comfortable doing this sort of stuff, take it to a garage.

Reply to
arocars

Yeah, I've already decided on taking it to a local guy who does stock car engines. I figured my time & sanity's worth the $200. It has other problems (see my other post) so I'm hoping he'll be able to let me know what needs to be done & in what order.

Chris

Reply to
Chris