Where is the oil filter located on a 2002 Sunfire (AutoF)

I have a 2002 Sunfire. Am changing oil & filter. the manual doesn?t tell me where to firnd the oil filter. Can anyone tell me?

Reply to
crazywolf

If it is like the 99 sunfire it is a nightmare. If you could drill a hole thru your glove compartment you could reach it. Look for it on the passenger side back of motor.

Reply to
Barry

its actually not that bad, you can reach it from above the engine, i had a

93 cavalier and with the old TB you had to reach up from underneath, Either way, its the same 2.2 engine and you are right about where it is

Reply to
M.C. Tee

Is he talking about the OHV 2.2 or the Ecotec 2.2?

Reply to
Paradox

If you have the Ecotec engine, its right at the back of the engine but front of the car. It is sitting under the intake manifold and looks like a plastic cup with a big bolt head on top. You need a one and a quarter inch socket to unscrew it.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Contact author (regis. req'd):