re:Interior Lights will not shut off

The problem was with the cable connection with the driver's door jamb switch. AutoZone carries the replacement door jamb switches for both left and right hand sides. I recrimped the connector to a new door jamb switch on the drivers side and replaced the other one all for under $10.00. I spent more quite a bit of time looking for a ground problem, but in the end it was a cheap replacement part. Thanks for the suggestions!

************************* Message 1 in thread From: TX ( snipped-for-privacy@msn.com) Subject: Interior Lights will not shut off

View this article only Newsgroups: alt.autos.camaro.firebird Date: 2003-11-27 15:13:56 PST

I have a 68 Firebird and the interior lights underneath the vents on both driver and passenger sides will not shut off. I have to disconnect the battery to keep the lights from draining the battery.

Any ideas? Post a follow-up to this message

Message 2 in thread From: Dennis Smith ( snipped-for-privacy@ReMoVeThIsToEmAiLyahoo.com) Subject: Re: Interior Lights will not shut off

View this article only Newsgroups: alt.autos.camaro.firebird Date: 2003-11-27 22:15:04 PST

>I have a 68 Firebird and the interior lights underneath the vents on both >driver and passenger sides will not shut off. I have to disconnect the >battery to keep the lights from draining the battery. > >Any ideas?

Does the dome light shut off or atleast dim down with the doors closed? You might have a bad ground and the power is feeding back through a different circuit. I had a simular problem on my '73 T/A. Turned out to be a cig lighter that was shorted out.

Reply to
TX