Re: Problems with the 3rd Gen

"krazykillah" wrote: > Ok where to start where to start..I have a 90 camaro RS V6 3.1 > and I have a fuel problem. The car worked fine until one day > it startet running rought so I have a friend that hooked it up > and he said it was injectors, this was correct I replaced the > Bad ones, and not all of them, started working fine until > about 2 months later the car just died when I was driving, > just stopped as if I turned it off. So I thought ok ang > injectors again so I get it home ohm all them out and shure > enough thats what it was. Replaces them and it started for > about 2 min then died. I looked into it some more and realized > the pump was really weak so I cut a hole in the back hatch and > replaced the Fuel pump and again it started but died right > away. So did some more looking and came up with nothing, So I > went and bought the book on it, this said maybe it was the ECM > so I went and bought that also and to no prevail it still dont > work, the book is no help anymore. > > ok > > I have fuel pressure up to the rail, I have spark, and I have > compression, my guess it that the fuel is not getting sent > through the injectors???? is there a module or anything that > shuts the injectors off?? > > all the injectors are good and the ECM is new the fuel pump is > new, the plugs wires cap and rotor are new, what could shut > them off??

Hey buddy join the club!!!

Read my post about the gta dying in 15 mins.

We have replaced close to $1000 worth of crap and still the engine shuts off after 15 mins or 100 degrees.

When it cools it start back up.

So far after replacing all sensors (but MAP) we have only figured out that the fuel injector pulse from the ecm is stopping.

So far we have replaced

  1. prom in the ecm, twice, one hypertech chip and one factory replacement from texas.

  1. Distrubuter module,

  2. Plugs and wires

  1. O2 sensor

  2. all temp sensors ( water and air intake)

  1. disconnected all sensors (TPS etc..)(not at once) and the car still failed and wouldn?t start when warm.

  2. checked timing

ANd stuff i cant even remeber.

My advice is try the free stuff first.

I am going to by pass the pass key crap as it stops your injector pulse for an antitheft device.

Good luck! tell me what you figure out!

Reply to
redshirt

"redshirt" wrote: > Hey buddy join the club!!! > > Read my post about the gta dying in 15 mins. > > We have replaced close to $1000 worth of crap and still the > engine shuts off after 15 mins or 100 degrees. > > When it cools it start back up. > > So far after replacing all sensors (but MAP) we have only > figured out that the fuel injector pulse from the ecm is > stopping. > > So far we have replaced > > 1. prom in the ecm, twice, one hypertech chip and one factory > replacement from texas. > > 2. Distrubuter module, > > 3. Plugs and wires > > 4. O2 sensor > > 5. all temp sensors ( water and air intake) > > 6. disconnected all sensors (TPS etc..)(not at once) and the > car still failed and wouldn't start when warm. > > 7. checked timing > > ANd stuff i cant even remeber. > > My advice is try the free stuff first. > > I am going to by pass the pass key crap as it stops your > injector pulse for an antitheft device. > > Good luck! tell me what you figure out!

I got it....it was the stupid Ignition Sensor, but I am still glad I replaced everything else it runs better now then when I bought it...burns rubber at take off now where as b4 it just bogged down, shifts nicer and everything, I even had time to construct pop holders for it while I was trying to figure out the problem

Reply to
krazykillah