Tuned Port Injection Lower Intake compatibility

I was wondering if I can make an 87-88 lower intake work on an 89. Because the only difference I can see is the cold start sensor on the

87-88. Could I just not use the sensor and it would be like an 89 intake? Does any one know the difference with the TPI lower intakes and what I can make work on my car?
Reply to
Stanley

You'd have to plug the cold start injector hole (or leave the injector in and don't plug it into anything). I don't remember what year they switched to center-bolt valve covers, but if your '89 is, then one of the manifold bolt holes won't line up. I've never had one of each side by side to see if the hole is drillable or not.

-rev

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light