01 Sport Track: I need to tow a MC trailer

I need to to tow a motorcycle trailer on a short (6 hour) run with an 01 Explorer Sport Trac. There exists a 3 prong plug (female)behind the rear bumper as well as a spot for a ball in the bumper. My question: can I just stick a 2" ball in the bumper hole, plug in the trailer and go? (the towed weight will be the trailer and about

700 lbs. of motorcycle) This will be a one tme deal, so I want to be safe and cheap! Thanks Wic
Reply to
Wic

Absolutely. 700 pounds is well below the limit of every Explorer/drivetrain package ever made.

Steve

How much does the trailer weigh?

Reply to
Bill Funk