01' XLS SOHC V6 idles @ 400rpm

I bought a 2001 Explorer XLS with 52,000 miles on it in July. Since I got it it idles at around 400 rpm after it warms up. I'm not having any stalling or dying problems with it even with the AC on but I thought this engine should idle at around 700 rpm. What could be causing it to idle so low? All maintenance has been kept up on it. (I have the records for that) I run Exxon 87octane gas in it. The original owner who I bought it from drove mainly highway miles on it. Thanks for any input on this.

Reply to
David Hunker

Why are you complaining? It's saving you GAS!

If it's not stalling or dying... it's NOT a problem!

I wish my Explorer would idle that low... ;-)

Reply to
Robert A. Matern

Look at the following for your answer.

18 Sep 2003 '01 Explorer Sport stall problem (5 articles)
Reply to
Peter