'02 A/C

My '02 Mountaineer A/C isn't working properly. It seems that the front, right side vents blow colder than the left side. In fact, it seems like the left vents are just blowing ambient air. I have 55K miles on it in the SF Bay Area. A/C hasn't been used very extensively. Do you think it's a problem or just a recharge is needed?

Steve

Reply to
Mac Ditos

Is this the multi-zone AC?

Reply to
Jim Warman

My '02 non-multi-zone had similar symptoms. Neither side was blowing very cold, but there was a definite difference between the two sides. A recharge seemed to cure it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

No. Sorry, I should have specified that. It's the basic, single zone A/C I thought the difference from the right side to the left was my imagination, but my kids verified it. Steve

Reply to
Mac Ditos

I've read before about "blend door" problems on Explorers/Mtnrs. I'm wondering if this could be the case. I'd hate to just mask the problem with a recharge. Any advice? Steve

Reply to
Mac Ditos

I would consider having a performance test done - especially if the compressor appears to cycle more rapidly than in the past. Without the multi-zone feature, there isn't anything that will cause a side to side difference other than the route the air takes through the plenum.

Pers>

Reply to
Jim Warman