Explorers discontinued in Uk & Ireland

Hi there,

I have been told that the explorer is no longer available in Ireland.

Does anyone know have they totally discontinued producing explorers in Right hand drive ??

Kieran

Reply to
Kieran O'Leary

Yes, since Ford bought Land Rover they could not see themselve competing with two similar products in the same market. Thus the UK no longer gets Explorers. AFAIK there is no other market that would make it worthwhile for Ford to produce right hand drive. Perhaps Australia?

Reply to
Richard Ray

Correct,

Explorer models XLT 4WD and Limited 4WD still available in Australia as Right Hand Drive.

No other models available. ie. AWD, EB, NBX or XLS

Richard Ray wrote in news:nTYUc.27261$pT5.25380@lakeread05:

Reply to
Iva

They still sell right hand drive Explorers in Australia.

They also sell a completely different SUV in Australia - the Territory. I am not sure what it is based on. Looks nice though.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

This looks nice. Did you see the hill descent feature. Hit a button and it will keep you at a set speed going down a hill. If you want to change the speed use the cruise buttons.

Reply to
JaWise

Australia and Japan. Unfortunately no more explorers all over Europe , not only beacuse FORD has Bought land Rover , due also to hard competition in SUV in Europe , and no Diesel Engine available on explorers.

ART - XLT 2002

"Kieran O'Leary" a écrit dans le message de news:IkKUc.25194$ snipped-for-privacy@news.indigo.ie...

Reply to
ART