02 Explorer hood won't catch

My 02 Explorer's hood won't latch shut. Took out the assembly, lubed it, nothing. Is there a recall on this problem?

Reply to
FZ

No recalls that I know of.... Two conditions that I've seen recreate this concern..... either the release cable hasn't retracted or someone has inadvertently tripped the latch mechanism....

Reply to
Jim Warman

I took it all aprt and greased it. I verified the release was working okay (it pulled to the stop) so I'll bet you're right about the latch being tripped.

Thanks

Reply to
FZ