'06 Explorer

I saw photos of the '06 Explorer/Mountaineer and it looks like they have some nice improvements. Of course at $2.50/gallon and rising, I can't see trading in my '03 for another 13MPG-around-town guzzler. My guess, however, is that by Xmas these beasts will be littering up dealer lots and the $10,000 discounts (that we now see on remaining '05s) will be back. Of course that decimates the resale value of my 40,000 mile '03, so the net difference is still pretty high. Anyway, I am toying with the idea but can't see buying until the $10,000 discount comes back, which the market will force (unless gas prices crash and burn, which is very unlikely).

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

like the "low liftover" rear glass/window is gone in the '06. The wiper pivot is higher in the glass for the handle on the glass. Also the license plate area is higher. One other thing, if you look at the inside photos, when the console shift lever is in "D", will it be in the way for the driver to reach his cup in the cup holder?wth

Reply to
wth

I agree about the shifter. I LIKE ours "on the tree" and enjoy the extra space in the center to throw change, gum, sunglasses, etc.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

I have been told that Ford Australia will stop importing the explorer later this year as the 2006 explorer will not be available in right hand drive. Does anyone know if this is true ?

Gareth

Reply to
grrrth

Looks like Ford found a new home for the '05 Lincoln Aviator's left over parts (especially inside - dash design and so on)!

Ken

-----Original Message----- From: wth [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com] Posted At: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 4:23 AM Posted To: rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer Conversation: '06 Explorer Subject: Re: '06 Explorer

like the "low liftover" rear glass/window is gone in the '06. Thewiper pivot is higher in the glass for the handle on the glass. Also thelicense plate area is higher. One other thing, if you look at the insidephotos, when the console shift lever is in "D", will it be in the wayfor the driver to reach his cup in the cup holder?wth

burn, which is very unlikely).

Reply to
Ken