1991 Ford Explorer

I was driving down the road and all of a sudden my 1991 Ford Explorer just died on me and wouldnt start back. At first they thought it was the fuel pump but it was working fine. Then they thought it might have something to do with the plugs, which i changed them. They were burned out but new ones didnt help. It is getting plenty of fire and fuel and i dont know what is wrong. It seems like it cranks right over but just wont start.

Reply to
Redneck_87

Redneck_87 wrotenews:1_509014 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

If your plugs were "burned out" you've got a bad electrical problem with your truck. I don't quite know what you mean by burned out.

Fords are notorious for this electrical ignition part that costs about $89 to just go out. They were class action sued in California and lost over this.

Reply to
Lt Fuzz

First you need to check some basics.... do you indeed have spark? New plugs don't guarranty spark. Do you have sufficient fuel pressure... hearing the fuel pump whine is no assurance of fuel pressure. If these are both good, we progress to checking injector pulse....

Reply to
Jim Warman