1991 Ford Explorer wont start!!! Help!!

Ford Explorer wont start. The engine turns fast but wont turn over. Checked with test light. Fire coming into coil pack from plug. Took wire off coil pack to see if it would arc. It did not. Replaced coil pack, still wont start. Was told it was not the fuel pump. That I was having a problem with fire??? It was running great, just came off a

2000 mile road trip. Went to store, cut it off and it wont start any more.
Reply to
rico224

How do you know it's not fuel?

Reply to
Steve

I am slightly confused with your troubleshooting technique here. Just me I am sure.

You replaced coil pack, then checked for spark, is that correct? Or did you check for spark first?

One thing you need to check is the fuse box/distribution box for your vehicle and see if there is a fuse for the engine blown. May have blown a fuse which you have not found yet.

Reply to
Edward Stammer

You definitely have a problem with fire. It sounds like the pilot light may have gone out in the fuel injection pump.

Reply to
Tyrone

Be glad it won't turn over. All the oil would run out. H

Reply to
Hairy

Reply to
Dave Lee