1991 front axle ID

trying to buy some front end parts. The guy at the counter needs to know what front axle i have (dana ???) HOw can one tell by the code as to which axle it is? thanks

PS how about if that sticker is no longer on the drivers door.

Reply to
ElGwako

The 92 Service Manual says the Explorer 4x4 uses Dana model 35 front axle. I would guess that the 91 was the same.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Reply to
ElGwako

'91 Manual says to check tag on axle. Dana 35 code is F07A while the Dana 28 code is E87A. No mention of a code 45 for front axle. The only axle identification I found was for the rear.

Hope this helps John Normile

Reply to
Camperken

Reply to