Can't figure out rear axle codes.

Can anyone decipher the code for my rear axle? The truck is a 1996 F

250 w/5.8 auto 4 x 4 and the tag on the door jamb for the axle reads '39' anyone have any idea what axle this is? The reason why I need to know is that every time I need to buy suspension parts (shocks U-joints etc) the counter guy always asks "what axle do you have" So it'd good to know what axle I do indeed have. Thanks for any input! The Doctor
Reply to
The Doctor

Dave Lee

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for! The Doctor

Reply to
The Doctor

That's excellent Dave. I have limited slip with 3.55 gears -- H9. Very cool.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland
*sigh* I ran outside all excited to see what I have and the FR AX and RR AX spots are blank for both my 1986 F350 and my father-in-laws 1990 F150.

woodee

Dave Lee wrote:

Reply to
woodee