Dana 44 rubicon front axle

I was thinking of swapping my front dana 30 from a 2002 TJ, for a rubicon dana 44 front diff. The only issue is the axle. Someone told me that the axle is weak since it is acually the dana 30 inner? I know superior axles sell the axles but they are very expensive ( around $400 per side ). Is there some other type of axle that can be used? Is the Mopar Dana44 axle ok, some people tack weld the end caps and have other tricks to strengthen it. I am trying to do my homework on this.

Thanks

Reply to
snowboardripper

It's really no stronger since the D30 and D44 both share the same common

760X u-joint which is the chief strength limit. Upgrading the D30 with hardened inner and outer Warn, Alloy USA, or Superior Axle chromolly 4340 axleshafts would give you a stronger overall axle than you'd get with a standard D44.

Jerry

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford