2002 2WD 4.0L stalling problem

Hi All, My Explorer stalls if I run it for a minute or two, turn it off, the restart. It starts then stalls. When the outside temp is higher
(above 70F) the problem is worse. No Check Engine light, had the codes shecked with a professional reader and it showed all normal. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Lou
On Sun, 08 May 2011 20:19:15 -0400, Sunny <Sunny> wrote:

I forgot to say that the problem is only in a cold engine. After warmup, restarts are fine.
Lou
<Sunny> wrote in message

Most likely the problem is the IAC (Idle Air Control) Motor. They get gummed up and tend to not perform propelry when cold. You can remove and clean it, or for around $60 replace it. Easy to remove.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t 220 http://www.explorer4x4.com/iac.htm http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/0/170/article/Ford_Explorer_IAC_Fix.html
Ed
On Tue, 10 May 2011 08:52:15 -0400, "C. E. White"

Thanks Ed, I'll certainly give this a try.
Lou
On Sun, 08 May 2011 22:15:57 -0400, Sunny <Sunny> wrote:

You probably need to either clean or replace the IAC unit. Many times, a sticky one can be cleaned by removing it and soaking the valve end overnight in a good solvent. The throttle body is also likely to be in need of cleaning. I know Ford has a sticker saying not to clean it but, they still accumulate a good bit of sludge around the throttle blades. While you are at it, you may see some improvement by cleanig the MAF sensor with a good non-residue electrical cleaner found at almost any automotive, home improvement or hardware store. An old toothbrush can be a big help cleaning the TB. Use only a cottone swab (if anything) when cleaning the MAF sensor - it may be sensitive to physical abuse when cleaning.
Lugnut