2006 Explorer Shifter Problem

Hello All.... I'm having an intermittant problem getting my Explorer out of park. When I step on the brake. sometimes I don't hear or feel the solenoid in the shifter click. Repeatedly stepping on the brake does not make any difference. However, if I smack the shifter handle, it usually fixes the problem temporarilly. Is there any known problems for this symptom? I'd like to go to the dealer with some suggestions. It seems that if the problem doesn't stare them in the face, they will try the shifter several times and say they can't duplicate it, so they can't fix it! Thanks..... Neil

Reply to
nleipziger