4.5 bolt front hubs/rear axles to 5.5 bolt front hubs/rear axles?

I'm thinking about swapping out the 4.5 axles and 4.5 front hubs from a 2000 explorer (electric xfer case and locked front hubs) to 5.5 axles and 5.5 manual locking front hubs. For the rear I can simply redrill the current axles or purchase axles drilled for 5.5 bolt pattern. Any ideas on how to change the front to 5.5 manual locking from hubs tied to the IFS? Also anyone know of an inexpensive front differential lock for a 2000 ford IFS explorer? At a future date I'll switch out the electric xfer case for a manual shift atlas unit. I like the explorer over the chevy/jeep variants but I'm not finding the amount of support from the off roader parts makers. Any good technical websites for explorers/rangers?

Reply to
zion_curtain

Sounds like an ambitious project.... Google up "serious explorations" and you find something.

Reply to
Jim Warman