4WD Low not disengaging

I have a 1997 Ford Explorer. 6cyl automatic. I have only used the 4wd one time and it was fine. My 4yr old turned the switch today to 4wd Low and now it is stuck. I turned it to high, auto, backed up, etc etc etc and it will not disengage. It makes a but cluck when I put it in Park. I haven't checked the fluid level yet but did everything else I read online and in the useless book. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Reply to
ToniLynn1

Somewhere around page 129 in the useless book, it will tell you how to get into 4 low....... Amazingly, getting OUT of 4 low uses the same process except for the last step where you would move the switch to either 4 hi or 4 auto.

Take note..... the vehicle must be in neutral if an automatic (park will NOT do) or the clutch must be depressed if a manual...... vehicle speed must be less than 3 mph...... and your foot must be on the brake hard enough to turn on the brake lights.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I forgot to add... is there some overwhelming medical or psychological condition that make you pose the same question under two names?

Reply to
Jim Warman

Do you have some overwhelming medical or psychological condition that makes you ask a dumb question seeing that there are two different people with the same problem? I got mine resolved and emailed her the solution and it worked for her also.

Reply to
Tweaked

Hmmm... if it wasn't for all the dumb questions I ask here my Explorers probably would have ended up in the junk yard years ago.

Reply to
Ulysses