4wd won't work

It snowed last night so my wife tried out the 4wd for the first time and it didn't work. Also the 4 hi and 4low lights in the dash don't come on. I checked the fuses in the dash and under the hood and all were ok. After reinstalling a fuse under the dash, the 4 hi lite came on momentarily but then went out again. I have an appointment next week at the dealer to get it checked out but wonder what the problem might be and if this is a common complaint. The vehicle is a ......

2001 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L 4x4 Automatic trans 15K miles Thanks, Dave
Reply to
Dave Brower

Hi Dave,

I had a similar problem with my 93'. I was told to tap on the transfer case shift motor a few times to loosen all the carbon build up over the years. Might be worth a try. Otherwise if it's still under warrenty, let them figure it out. Good luck.

Reply to
alta_explorer