92 explorer Premium Stereo AMP?

Where is the power amp located? I have no sound since hooking up a trailer. I replaced the fuse for the amp and trailer harness, but there is still no sound. Thinking the amp may have a fuse that's blown but can't find it's location. HELP!!!

Reply to
tlckn

It is behind the trim panel over the right rear wheel.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Charlies right. Mine was a little difficult to reach.

Tom

Reply to
Jhflaf71

"tlckn" wrotenews: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

-- riki

--Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Reply to
RikiTikiTavi

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jhflaf71) wrotenews:20041117222837.11514.00000995@mb- m29.aol.com:

I never could get that damn panel off, so I simply went to a Wallyworld sale on amps and got a great bridged one for $39, and bought two used 8" sub speakers for $20, built a nice flat box for them, installed them, put the amp underneath my rear seat and ran the wiring and now I rock out.

Of course, you have to have a cd deck with rca input/outputs.

I understand there are some online place that sell wiring adapters, but it's more trouble then they're worth considering the price.

-- Riki

--Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Reply to
RikiTikiTavi

Thank you everyone who responded, amp found and problem resolved. Thank you again.

Reply to
tlckn