106 cigarette lighter not working? Help!

Hi guys,

been a while since my last post...thankfully havent had many problems with my '99 106 zest 2 for a while!

Just bought a sat nav, and unfortunately the cigarette lighter does not appear to be working.

Thinking it may be the fuse? If so what rate of fuse and where is the correct fuse for the cigarette lighter located in the glovebox fuse box?

I thought that the lighter and the horn ran off the same fuse but the horn is working fine. Would that mean it's not a fuse but a wiring problem?

the cigarette lighter looks like its been used in the past but no longer does.

Any help gratefull appreciated1

Cheers Al

Reply to
alex

It could be the fuse, but then it could also be that the connector has come loose somehow.

Sometimes it's a fuse on the end of the row, with a blank space next to it - so you have the option of bridging the first pair of contacts for live on ignition on, or the other contact for permanent live.

Reply to
Rexx Magnus

Reply to
alex

Please no smoking !

Reply to
Yann Amar

I'm not sure on the 106, hence not mentioning any numbers - I'm just going from my 306, sorry I can't be more specific. It seems odd that it would be on the same thing as the horn though.

Reply to
Rexx Magnus

just run a live and earth and use it that way.

Reply to
Chrs

One always hopes a satnav will not smoke.

Reply to
Brian

Accrding to my Haynes book it is fuse 5, and does indeed supply the horn and the lighter socket. However, this book does not cover the later (phase II) models, so it might have changed. Have you tried to look at the wiring behind the socket to see if it is still connected properly? The socket can get hot in use and this could, in time, affect the connectors.

Reply to
Brian