mazada miata and 80 amp fuse?

My son was replacing battery when cable caused spark, shortening out battery. Battery was replaced, but car appears dead. Looked at all fuses and the 80 amp fuse under hood appears to be blown blown...wish to know how to replace and acquire if such is the problem, and also, if not, what would be the cause of no power when key turned on...no accessories work either when igntion switch turned on. Thanks for any help you can give.

Reply to
clongwill

Chuck

Well, I'm a bit confused about why it happened exactly, but as for the fuse...you should be able to take it out, bring it to an AutoZone (or the like) and find a replacement fairly easy and cheap. I keep a bin of mini fuses, since my ipod dock blows the accessory fuse frequently...the 80A is a little more chunky a fuse, but you should be able to find it in most any auto parts store.

Fuses are just a case of pull it out, shove the new one in. Some fuses (bigger ones) have screw-in tie-downs, but every kind is a pain to pull out. I have a fuse pulling tool, but a narrow flat bladed screwdriver done carefully should work.

-r0ll

Reply to
r0lliSl1fe