'92 Sport AC problem, and fix

Our '92 Sport's AC went out; it blew fuses as fast as they were put in. Took it to the shop, and they diagnosed a faulty (burned) sub-harness in the engine compartment. Ford no longer supplies this part, and the loal dismantlers want $300 for the entire under-hood harness, and won't split a set. Sooo, the shop dismantled the harness, found some blown diodes (which was what burned the harness in the first place), replaced the diodes with new ones, rebuilt the harness, and now the AC works again. All this for under $250US. Not bad, IMO. The place is Dave's Tire and Auto Corral, 51st Ave & Peoria in Glendale, AZ., if anyone's interested. They do all my auto work, and have always been excellent. Not perefect, but when a mistake happens (very rarely in the years I've been going there), Dave's been very quick to make it right. Good work deserves props.

Reply to
bill