'93 Sport Starting Difficulty and Clutch Questions

Hello All. Car starts immediately, but wants to die and will do so if I don't pump the gas pedal a few times for a period of about 10 seconds to keep it running. It then runs fine and warms up normally. Car runs and accelerates great after that. I am the original owner of this vehicle and it has 103K miles on it. I am still on the original clutch and am curious to how long a clutch usually lasts on the Explorer. To date, there is no slippage that I can detect and it still seems to shift great. Thanks in advance. Steve

Reply to
Steve Reynolds

andy

If you know how to drive a clutch (and you do if it's lasted that long) it will easily last that long and longer. If you don't know how to drive a clutch you can burn it up in 25K.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Thanks Andy and Ashton for your responses. Steve

Reply to
Steve Reynolds

Clutch life depends on type of use. Hicks only need to shift a few times every hundred miles. Us city slickers gotta shift 20 times a mile, even more here in San Francisco hills.

Reply to
Bob