94 explorer: Humming noise

When sitting in the drivers seat of my 94 Explorer, I hear a humming noise coming from the dashbord (LEFTSIDE). I shut of all accessories (radio, heat, wipers etc..) I don't hear the hum when I open and check under the hood. I only hear it when sitting in the vehicle. It is a steady humming. When I Rev the engine, it remains the same tone.When I put it in drive or reverse, same steady tone. When I turn the ignition on without starting the engine, there is no hum. I checked the washer fluid pump, but it was working correctly as was the wipers. Any suggestions on what is causing this sound would be appriciated.

Thank you

Reply to
kylo67

Does the hum change when you apply the brakes?

Reply to
Jim Warman

No, it does not change when applying the brakes. It is still a constant tone. No pitch change

Reply to
kylo67

My lack of reply only indicates that I am currently at a loss for a cause.... I can only suggest that you find the source of the hum and repost...

Reply to
Jim Warman