94 Explorer panel and tail lights out

The instrument panel lights where out so I checked the fuse and it was OK. Then I put in another fuse for the hell of it and it worked for a day then no panel lights and the new fuse is still good. Then my neighbor informs me I have no tail lights. So I have not panel and no tail lights. How do I fix this problem?

Scott

Reply to
Scottrow

Replace the tailght fuse.... the panel lights are double fused... first through the tail light fuse (usually a 15 amp) and then through the panel illumination fuse (usually a 5 amp). Important not to overfuse a circuit.... this can cause extreme wiring damage. If the fuse continues to blow, you'll have to repair the circuit.... as I indicated, using a fuse bigger than recommended can get very expensive, very fast.

Reply to
Jim Warman

It was the light switch.

Reply to