95 Explorer 4.0L

I have a 95 Explorer 4.0L. About 3k miles ago the engine started missing or sort of jerking while driving at a constant speed. I took it over to my local ford dealer. He changed the distributor, worked fine. After driving it for about 3k miles its doing it again. I've had a tune up done to it about 15k miles ago. Anyone has any idea or has had the same experience with their explorer?

HD

Reply to
Harley D.

John Shoemaker

Yours has a distributor? Or coil pack?

Could be tranny. How does your engine idle? Does it stutter or sound like it misses? It could be a sensor.

How many miles are on your Ex? The MAF sensor could need cleaning, but usually if you really live in a dirty environment and if you have some high mileage. No check engine light?

Reply to
IanCT