95 Explorer Cllimate Control

Anyone out there have some advice on how to address an automatic climate control problem in a 95 Explorer?

Here's the deal. When the system is on "auto" the compressor doesn't seem to turn off and the cabin temperature seems 10 degrees lower that what is on the display. So, if I have the system set to 72 degrees it gets cold as the north pole in the cabin. When I set the system to 80 degrees it feels more like 70 -

72 degrees in the cabin. I think the system needs to be calibrated. Ford won't touch this one with a 10 foot pole.

Any advice???

Reply to
Fdepalm510

I have the same problem. It's either max heat or max air.

Have you found out anything?

Reply to
Jim Liberty

Reply to
Big Shoe

Nothing yet. Took the vehicle to Ford several years ago. They claimed they send the climate control unit to a specialty shop. When the device was reinstalled I noticed my current problem. I wonder if they just recalibrated the system -10 degrees. I will say that everything works to expectations when the compressor is off. That is, I don't have the system on auto.

Hmmmmm....

Reply to
Fdepalm510