weak display on climate control unit

I have a 1986 300zx non-turbo 2 seater GLL with an automatic climate control on it. The readout display is real hard to see without shading it and looking just right into it, to be able to see the temperature or display symbols. Can anything be done to help? With the help of Steve T., I've got it working like its suppose to now. I ran the self-test dialyzes on it, and all the sensors are close and the solenoid valves are all working OK, but the set temperature has to be set real low ( say 65) or it has to get up to about 90 before the set point of say 72, the heat will shut off. Is there a place to adjust the "set temperature" on the display?

Reply to
lostokie

The bulbs that iluminate it are burned out, you have to disasseble the unit to get to the bulbs..

Seems like there is, are you sure the aperator fans are operating? there are

2 of these, one overhead and one down by the blower motor. If these aren't working, it does what you describe.
Reply to
Steve T