'95 Explorer Sport Transmission Cooler?

I have a '95 Explorer Sport.

I am looking to add a transmission cooler to it, so that I can tow a boat and trailer that comes out to a little less than 2100 pounds total weight.

The problem is, I don't have any idea where to begin to look for an item like this, except at the dealer, which means at least 3 and possibly 5 times what it actually costs, not to mention labor added in.

Could those who have added something like this to their vehicles please point me to some websites that carry this kind of thing, so that I can do some research?

Thanks!

___________ Nomen

-
Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Y'know.... I was gong to help - up until the dealer reference.

Paint all you want... your brush is a little too wide and has no substance.

Reply to
Jim Warman

"I was going to..." Sounds like you don't have a clue, so you'll just troll a little.

Considering that the aforementioned comment came straight out of the mouth of the parts manager at a Mercury dealership, I think you're just blowing smoke out of your rear end. My quoting the parts manager would have a hell of a lot more "substance" than your mouthing off like this.

If you don't want to come off your high-hobby-horse, then just shut up, because you're wasting bandwidth.

Just so you know, I went to the Merc dealer because the Ford dealer is 12 miles further away, and I didn't have time on my lunch hour to go that far, what with the traffic.

If this kind of comment is the best you have, why are you even in this newsgroup?

__________ Nomen

-
Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Sounds like you haven't been here long, and are going to try to make a nuisance of yourself.

Wow! And you're the one who wants to add a piece to his car, and doesn't even know what it is.

And you always use a dealer? That does not sound smart, *especially* when you're complaining about the prices there. Take it to the

*other*, non-dealer mechanic you trust.

Because he's one of the best sources of info we have. Why are *you* here?

Reply to
Big Bill

Less than a minute on Google:

Big Bill