96 Ford Explorer fuel problem??

I have a 96 explorer 4.0 with 160k.

When driving it has a slightly rough idle, but will start ok and take off fine. After aprox 1 mile or so the engine will hesitate and will either stay at about

1500 RPM or kill if I attempt to give it gas. If I turn it off, let it sit for 5-10 seconds and turn it over it runs good for a mile or so again. When driving down the interstate it will not go very far before the same thing happens.

I replaced the fuel filter, hit the reset on shut off switch, and tried exchanging the fuel pump regulator with another and no changes. I also put a fuel system cleaner through it. Would this be gasket, fuel pressure regulator? I would assume if the fuel pump would go it would completely go out. Also it tripped codes for 3 banks running lean and O2 sensor bad but this could be due to the low fuel I would imagine.

Thanks for the help!!!

Reply to
Chad