97 Explorer clutch and clutch master cylinder

Was replacing clutch, slave cylinder, and master cylinder in 97 Explorer. Did gravity bleeding and pumped the pedal and bleed. The clutch pedal is still soft. Any suggestions.

Reply to
rbj

Double check everything. You may still have air trapped or you might have a small leak letting air get into the line.

By the way, I did the same thing and everything worked after a couple of bleed attempts.

Reply to
lovs2fly

I found that I had to remove the master cylinder and bench bleed it. The orientation in the truck evidently didn't allow all the air to evacuate.

Reply to
Tommy Wood