MR2 clutch won't bleed

I have new master and slave cylinders, but they will not build pressure. I have been on other forums and people say to "bench bleed" the master, but I have no idea how to do this. Can someone tell me how this is done? Thanks

Reply to
weaselt777

yes , bleeding IS a pain. you might try filling the system from the slave bleeder fitting. this gets the master cylinder involved a bit easier, especially if you already have the master installed. it takes a syringe or some sort of pump to do it. a 50 cc syringe does the job fairly well, in steps. it will take more than one syringeful to do the fill, but most of the air will go up and out. once the cylinder gets a snootful it can be bled the normal way. good luck, sammmm

Reply to
SAMMM

When I bleed a hydraulic clutch, assuming there are no leaks, I do the following: Close the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder. Fill the master cylinder. With your hand push the clutch pedal up and down rapidly about an inch or so. It may seem like nothing is happening but if you could see the master you would see the air bubbles rising. You may not think this works but be patient, it will work. Ron

Reply to
ronbon