97 V8 Timimg Chain Change ?

Hello Folks, My 97 EB with 5.0L V8 AWD has about 112k miles and running strong. Is it about time to be replacing the Timing Chain. I did that with my 88 F250 5.8L at about the same miles, and it was a good idea. It is still running strong now with 150k miles. Suggestions? What else to replace b4 problems arise? Thanks- Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Riggs

You shouldn't have to. The chains are likely to outlast the engine. Only timing belts need periodic changing, but not chains unless you have a problem.

Reply to
MikePier