radio

i too am experiencing a casual fading of my radio lights. But more importantly i have noticed that when i eject a cd from the player, the cd is almost too hot to handle. What would be causing the cd itself to be so hot?

Reply to
cabnboy

It'd be nice to know just WTF we're working on before we toss out a guess...

Reply to
Jim Warman

im sorry! 98 FORD Explorer limited! Factory issue radio/cd/tape....am/fm....

Reply to
cabnboy

The hot CD syndrome isn't any better on the newer ones though they have updated the player (in dash) to include a fan similar to those in a PC. The fading display is a relatively common problem..... Google this NG for "radio display" and there should be something there for you.

Reply to
Jim Warman

You can find out all you'd ever want to know about your radio and how to fix it at

I'm back with my display now after putting up with it for months being out.

Reply to
Mike B