98 Explorer Sport 4wd: Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo recommended?

Reviews at Tirerack are very good, however other sites indicate the tires are incompatable. Anyone have an experience either way?

TIA.

Reply to
Eric

"Eric" wrotenews:m_icd.151213$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc- kc.rr.com:

Didn't Bridgestone buy Firestone and rebadge their tires?

I wouldn't buy anything connected to Firestone.

-- riki

--Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Reply to
RikiTikiTavi

Hmmmm, those Bridgestones on my Ex seem to be doing well. I sure don't know what the original poster meant by "incompatable". Many problems can be solved by simply walking around our cars and looking......

If each and every one of us were judged by our last mistake, we wouldn't even be able to trust our own judgement....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Bridgestones are excellent tires in general. Firestones are probably fine too as long as you keep them inflated and not overloaded. I have never seen any documented evidence of Firestones having blow outs where it was documented they were properly inflated at the time.

I have on the other hand seen dozens of Explorers (and other vehicles) with one or more seriously underinflated tires barreling down the highway at 80+ mph. I try to give those guys a wide berth so I won't hit them when they have the blow-out and then roll over in front of me.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

"Jim Warman" wrotenews:9rIed.41460$cr4.33365 @edtnps84:

Yes, but Firestone has been caught at least 3 times and has lost hundreds of millions in lawsuits due to defective tires. They tried to fool everyone by changing the name to Bridgstone, same thing. Last recall and lawsuits were for Firestone AND Bridgestone!

I don't trust them nor Sears; they've both been caught many times over the years screwing their customers and sued.

Reply to
Gitiup

Bridgestone owns Firestone. There was no name change. Firestone still exists.

Reply to
Big Bill