98EB Power Antenna

My power antenna does not come back down. I should say more accurately, if the antenna was down, and the radio turned on, the antenna will go up, and when it reaches the top, you can still hear the motor going for about another 10 seconds as if it does not know when to top. When the radio is turned off, the motor goes on again, but the antenna does not go down, but will go down if your manually lower it a bit as if to make it 'catch' then it will retract. I guess something is 'broken' but was wondering if there were a 'stop' when the antenna reaches the right height that might have broken so it goes past the correct height therefore not being able to come back, or could it be the just the end of the cable broken or stripped since the motor sounds good still. The last thing would be, is the mast/cable a replaceable part, and where can I get one. I assume to access the power antenna, it would be through removing the passenger front wheel well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
tlim

Chances are your drive cable needs to be replaced. In my case, I've always had to turn the radio off before I could put the vehicle in the garage, otherwise the antenna would hit the wall above the garage door. I forgot to do this a few times and ended up having to replace the whole antenna tower.

Good luck, Tony

tlim wrote:

Reply to
Tony P.