99 Explorer air bag light on 3 to 7 lights

I have a 1999 Explorer air bag light on 3 flashes a stop then to 7 light ups then solid on from that time on, after restarting the car. I looked around and did not find that much regarding this error light. Will it not go off it something occurs? Anybody that can respond will be greatly appreciate and it will return it to them, in time. Thanks again. Mark E.

Reply to
MarkE

Since the SRS light is flashing, the SRS system is disabled and *should* not deploy (unfortunately this doesn't cover any possibility of 'unintentional deployment) - I'm not sure what the code means since I only have documentation and tools for 5 digit alpha-numeric codes. Something of this nature is better left to someone with appropriate training and equipment.

HTH.

Jim Warman

We have a 2002 Explorer with the same deal. The dealer said it was a bad seatbelt tension spring. That spring, however, has been on order for 4 and a half months! Good luck!

Reply to
magnum54o2