99' Explorer Sport idle problem

my exp wont idle at all, you have to hold the throttle @ 3,000 RPM for about 45 seconds before you let off and then it still wants to die. any suggestions? also looking for a rear fender flare in platinum silver, drivers side, is there a place that sells after market parts that would have this? any help is appreciated.

Reply to
ozarkhunter

The idle problem is your IAC valve. It probably needs to be removed and cleaned out. It's a common problem. I can't help you with the fender question. sorry.

Reply to
mikepier

Well my 2000 Explorer had the same thing, problem seemed to pop up when we hit the cold winter weather even though it's garaged. Sure enough it was the IAC, the part runs about $107.82 with gaskets, labor $132. Their comments were Traced to Stuck idle air control valve, replaced unit tested OK. They also did a couple freebie recalls of the speed control cable and driver side recliner bolt.

Other then a junkyard for that replacement flare piece or the Ford Dealer. I've had one of mine replaced due to a valet improperly parking the Explorer (At their expense)

Reply to
Greg