99 Explorer Sport Tire Recommendations?

Hi all,

99 Explorer Sport 4WD w/ Auto trans. Looks like I'll be replacing my tires very shortly. I've currently got Goodyear Wranglers with nearly 55k on them. They've been very good tires to me. I've been diligent about 5k rotations and keeping the wheels balanced, which I think is a big reason why they've last so long. Should I stick with the Wranglers? I would kind of like something with a slightly more aggressive profile (the Wranglers do look a bit small for the body, but that's just my aesthetics).

Thanks, Ambrose

Reply to
Ambrose Cohen

I have the same Wranglers on my 00 Sport and I have 40k on mine and they look like they will last another 40k or 50k. Mine are dry rotting and making tons of road noise already. I will likely replace these next summer because of the nervous factor. About your concern, I think those tires are just right for that vehicle size. You've been looking at too many vehicles with 20's. ha ha Just kidding.

I got my Wranglers in the Firestone incident. I had requested Michelins before the dealership put these on. I will likely try the Michelins this next time around. Four years is quite short for tire life in my opinion. especially when they still look brand new.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

I did a little research yesterday. I have Wrangler APs, but what I've seen on a lot of Sports are the Wrangler RT/S's which are the next step up from the APs and have a slightly more aggressive profile. I could very easily stick with the APs. Price will probably dictate my choice. The APs are quite good in rain and snow.

Reply to
Ambrose Cohen