ABS LIGHT ON H E L P P L E A S E

I have a 99 Ford Explorer with 90k on it. It has never had a brake job, but stops great with no noise. The other morning I started it and the ABS light NEVER went off. I checked the fluid level, it was fine. Any suggestioons would be appreciated. Thanks, Barbara

Reply to
Roberts

Without knowing what code(s) are set, it's a duck shoot....

Like Johnny 5 said "Input, must have input...."

Jim Warman

A hush fell over the crowd when, Roberts stepped up to the podium and announced:

could be your ABS sensor..but need more information. When was the last time you had a brake job?

Reply to
01dynanospam

He said it's never had a brake job.

Maybe he can post some codes...

Reply to
IanCT

Like Jim says, without codes, you are shooting in the dark !

And I don't *think* that Autozone's free code scanning is comprehensive enough to display the ABS codes. Although I could be wrong, it's worth a check.

The cursory things to check are the connectors on each front wheel for the hall-effect sensors, and the one in the differential in the rear. It's possible that they got pulled loose, or something. *shrug* worth a look.

other than that, maybe take it to a brake shop and get an estimate and see what they tell you? then you can decide whether to just have them fix it, or tackle it yourself.

Reply to
Chief Wiggum