OVERDRIVE LIGHT FLASHING H E L P

I have a 99 Explorer with just at 100K. I bought it new and had the trans. serviced at about 42K. Yesterday on a trip home the overdrive light on the dash started flashing. I stopped the Explorer and shut the motor off. Restarted and drove another 300 miles with the light never coming back on. Should I be concerned, or is a time bomb ticking?? Thanks, Beth

Reply to
Barbara

generally the light flashing indicates that a transmission code has been set

get it scanned and see what happened

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer